Here are the steps to configure IMAP email on your iDevice (iPad / iPad mini / iPhone / iPod Touch) running iOS 8:
- From the main menu, go to Settings and click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click Add Account....
- Click on Other.
- Click on Add Mail Account.
- Enter your account information (Name, email address and Password), then click Next.
(All the information shown in the picture is an example).
Make sure "IMAP" is selected and continue to fill in the rest of the information for "Incoming Mail Server" and "Outgoing Mail Server".
- If you get a prompt regarding "Cannot Verify Server Identity", you can dismiss the box by clicking Continue.
- In the next screen, click on Trust to proceed.
- Finally click Save to complete the setting up process.
- If you want all the folders in your iDevice to sync with your other email clients, please proceed to continue with the rest of this guide.
- Go back to Settings and click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click on the newly add Mail account under Accounts.
- Click on the Account Name.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on Advanced.
- Click on Sent Mailbox under Mailbox Behaviours.
- Click on Sent under the section On the Server. Click on Advanced to go back and repeat the same steps for the Drafts and Deleted folders.
- Finally, scroll to the middle of the page under the section Incoming Settings. Click on the IMAP Path Prefix and enter the word INBOX in upper case.
Click on Account to save all your settings and you're done!