Announcement: Discontinuation of cPanel temporary URL in shared hosting servers
Dear Valued Customer,
Exabytes will discontinue the temporary URL option in all Linux servers that run with cPanel.
What is a cPanel temporary URL?
cPanel temporary URL is a link that helps users access their site via the server IP address, instead of the domain name.
You may edit host file to check on your content at Exabytes server before pointing.
- Go to the Start menu search bar, type in "notepad," and run the Notepad as administrator.
- Click on File and select the ‘Open…” option from the menu.
- Put the Host file address (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) in the “File name:” option, and click on Open.
- Open the Terminal application.
- Open the hosts file for editing.
- Enter your password when it prompts you to enter your Mac user's password.
- Edit the hosts file by adding domain + Exabytes provided IP in Welcome email at bottom of the file.
- Save your changes by pressing control-o on your keyboard then return to accept the filename.
We appreciate and values our business relationship and look forward to your continued interest in our hosting plan.
Our team regrets any inconvenience this option removal may cause.