Choose Reputation Management in the main menu of the Imunify360 user interface to get to the Reputation Management page.
Reputation Management allows to check if a domain registered on your server is safe or not based on the following reputation engines:
How does it work:
- We get a list of domains periodically (via crontab)
- Send it to the central Imunify360 server
- Get results from it
- Add bad domains to the list of Reputation Management
If a domain or an IP is blocked, then this information will be available in the table below. If a user’s website appears in this table, then it would be useful to send this link to the user. This instruction can help to solve problems with the domain.
At the top of the page (also in the main menu near Reputation Management item), Imunify360 shows the number of affected domains. This number is a quantity of affected domains that exist on the server.
The table shows:
- ID – domain owner username
- URL – the affected domain link
- Type – read more about types on the link (we still do not support THREAT_TYPE_UNSPECIFIED and POTENTIALLY_HARMFUL_APPLICATION).
- Detection time – exact time when the Reputation Management has detected the domain
Click link icon in the Action column to copy the URL to the clipboard.
Note: Reputation Management online and browser look may differ. This is because Google Safe
Browsing has an issue described on github.