By default, Sucuri Firewall will restrict access to your admin pages (e.g. "/wp-admin", "/administrator" or "/admin")
so that only authorized IP’s can log in. That way, if your user accounts are ever compromised, your site will
still be safe.
To authorize an IP to log in to your site, you will need to whitelist them in your dashboard. If you are getting
the following error when trying to access your site, you need to whitelist your own IP.
Block ID: IPB17 Block reason: Your request was not allowed due to IP blocking (not white listed).
Whitelisting IPs using the dashboard
Whitelisting IPs is very simple and there are two ways of doing this.
1. You may login to you Sucuri Firewall Protection
2. Next, enter your current IP address under the Whitelist IP Addresses section.
3. Click on Whitelist to whitelist your IP address once you have typed it into the box.
Whitelisting IPs using the API
1. You may login to your Sucuri Firewall Protection.
2. Go to your API settings and then click on the Whitelist IP green button in the Quick Links section.
That will automatically whitelist your IP address. You can bookmark that link and share with other
administrators of your site to allow them access. Any time they get blocked, all they need to do is
visit that link to allow them back in.
Whitelisting IP Ranges
You can whitelist subnets by adding IP addresses using the CIDR (Classless Inter-Domain Routing) format.
Let’s say you want to whitelist all IP addresses from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206, then you just need to whitelist
the 220.127.116.11/24 range. If you want to whitelist all IP addresses from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124, you would
need to whitelist 126.96.36.199/16.
At this time, you can only whitelist /24, /16 or /8 ranges.
Disabling admin panel restriction
- Login to your Sucuri Firewall Protection.
- Under the Advanced Security Options uncheck the Admin panel restricted to only Whitelisted IP
addresses option and click on Proceed.
This will turn off this option and allow anyone to access the administrator login pages.