This article describes how to use the SolusVM control panel to manage your Linux SSDVPS. SolusVM allows you to control many aspects of your VPS using a web interface.
Quick Start guide for the function
- Function 1: Logging on to the SolusVM Control Panel
- Function 2: Control Panel Overview
- Function 3: Viewing VPS Statistics
- Function 4: Rebooting, Shutting Down/ Starting Up your VPS
- Function 5: Access Console
- Function 6: Re-installing your VPS
- Function 7: Changing the Hostname of your VPS
- Function 8: Changing the Login Password to the SolusVM Control Panel
Function 1: Logging on to the SolusVM Control Panel
You will receive a service welcome email that consist server login credential. Referring to the credential, you can log in to SolusVM panel by visiting the URL https://vmcp.mschosting.com/login.php. You could drop a case to support to retrieve the login if can't find the credential in welcome email.
Function 2: Control Panel Overview
After logging in, you will be presented with your control panel overview. From here you can access all the functionality that the panel provides.
- Viewing VPS Statistics
- Rebooting, Shutting Down/ Starting Up your VPS
- Access Console
- Re-installing your VPS
- Changing the Hostname of your VPS
- Changing the Login Password to the SolusVM Control Panel
Function 3: Viewing VPS Statistics
Click on the "Statistics" tab under "Controls" to view the various statistics for your VPS. These include Traffic, Load and Memory. The time span for the graphs available can be as little as "1 hour" to maximum "1 year".
Function 4: Rebooting, Shutting Down/ Starting Up your VPS
Function 5: Access Console
You could login into the Linux SSDVPS using console. By click the "VNC" button.
Click "View Connection Settings" to retrieve the login credentials. Use any kind of VNC client like UltraVNC / TightVNC / TigerVNC to console into the VPS.
Function 6: Re-installing your VPS
You can restore your VPS to the initial setup state. But doing so will wipe/destroy existing data in the current VPS. This process is not reversible and suggest to backup proceeding with the reinstallation!
If you choose to reinstall your operating system, click on the "Reinstall" button and you will be asked to select the OS Template. Click "Reinstall" to confirm your action. The process will take a few minutes and once it's complete, you will be able to login to the VPS