[COMPLETED] Scheduled Server Maintenance - SSD Linux VPS: SSDVPS15
Date : 22nd Mar 2018
Time :11:30 AM MYT
All services under affected virtual private servers (VPS) started responding and will resume their operations without any noticeable service impact.
Date : 21st Mar 2018
Time :05:00 PM MYT
The vm (virtual machine) migration process is successfully completed. Our concerned team is yet preparing new VPS to run cPanel to cPanel migration, provided the VPS environment is with cPanel.
Date : 21st Mar 2018
Time :12:20 AM MYT
The vm (virtual machine) migration process is successfully completed 20% and our concerned team is now starting this process with a different host. But, the remaining vm migration can't compete with error.
So, our concerned team is preparing new VPS to run cPanel to cPanel migration, provided the VPS environment is with cPanel.
Dear Valued Customers,
*** Only clients subscribed SSD Linux VPS service and match with the nodeid will experience service disruption ***
Date : 20th Mar 2018
Time : 3:15PM MYT
ETA : N/A
Affected Server :
SSDVPS15 with label nodeid 36
Do inform we will need to execute an immediate server migration arrangement due to server harddisk degraded symptom detected. Any virtual machine that possibly under affected threat will need to take down for immediately migrate arrangement. This arrangement should create service disruption during the maintenance window but not impact user data under their virtual machine.
During the maintenance time frame, all services under the affected range virtual machine will not be available until its complete.
How to check if your administrate virtual machine host under the affected server list?
In order to verify your operation virtual machine under the affected range, may refer to the step below.
- Login to client area login portal via portal (https://billing.exabytes.com.my/mypanel/clientarea.php)
- Proceed to click on "Services" > "My Services" from the drop-down option list.
- Select and click on your active VPS service that intended to verify.
- Under the loadout result, click on "Additional Information" tab.
- The "nodeid" with the reference number shall turn up on your screen.
- Verify if the nodeid exists under aforementioned affected list. If the number match, that implies your administrate virtual machine are under the scheduled maintenance list and disruption shall expect while the maintenance window kick start.
Should you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact our 24x7 technical support team (Department: Technical Support (Dedicated Server / VPS / Cloud / Colocation ) by submitting a ticket at (https://support.exabytes.com.my/support/tickets/new).
Technical Support Department