[COMPLETED] Scheduled Server Maintenance: Network Switch Relocation (C)
Thanks for your support to Exabytes Network.
Our team will conduct a Network Switch relocation for the entire rack that served the Shared Hosting Servers. Detail of affected server and description of the maintenance stated as per below.
Maintenance Date: 30th Aug 2017
Maintenance Time: 9.00 PM MYT
List of Affected Server:
The maintenance process will include switching the network switch from the current facing rear side to the front face of the rack.
The maintenance process are listed below:
- We had prepared a temporary switch so that we can swap the cable to the temporary switch
- The actual switch will be unmounted and move to the front rack
- Start to unplug the cable
- Pull to the front and plug back to the actual network switch
During the process of step 3 to 4, there will be network downtime around 10~15 minutes where all of your server services will be unavailable.
We have estimated the whole process will take around 30~45 minutes to complete where the Network downtime will take around 10~15 minutes.
To verify your website or email services is hosted on above listed server. User may perform step as per below.
- Open "command prompt" from the windows program or simply type "cmd" under program list to locate the command prompt.
- Insert value "ping yourdomain.name" to grab your web service server IP and "ping mail.domain.name" to grab your mail service server IP, you may compare the output IP if it is listed under affected list. A sample of output showed as per below.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any enquiries regarding this maintenance. Thank You!
Technical Support Department