Note: Please take note that Office 365 has been replaced with Microsoft 365 however the functionality
remain the same.
These steps are for businesses that have the Microsoft 365 Business Standard Plan.
1. Create Microsoft 365 accounts and add your domain
In this step, you use the Setup wizard to create accounts and add your own domain. The wizard lets you personalize everyone's user ID and email for your business, like email@example.com.
Click here to go to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
To start the wizard, choose Go to setup and follow this guide Micosoft 365 Admin Set Up using Setup Wizard
To learn more, see Assign Microsoft 365 License to User Accounts and Add a domain to Microsoft 365
2. Install Office
Once you've created accounts for other people in your business, you and your team members will be able to install the full desktop version of Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Each person can install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs.
1. Go to portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.
2. Sign in with your Microsoft 365 user account.
3. Choose Install.
Need more detailed steps or want to install the 64-bit version of Office? See Step-by-step installation instructions.
3. Import email
Move your existing email and contacts from other email systems to your Microsoft 365 mailbox so you can see it all in one place.
For migration options, Migrate email and contacts to Office 365.
4. Connect email accounts
You can connect other email accounts to Outlook, too, such as your Gmail and Yahoo accounts. This lets you manage all of your email in one place. You can connect up to 5 email accounts to Outlook.
1. Sign in to Microsoft 365 with your work or school account at www.office.com/signin.
2. Choose Mail.
3. On the Outlook navigation bar, select Settings > Options.
4. In the left pane, choose Mail, and under Accounts, choose Connected accounts.
Not all features are available in every region. If you don't see the Connected accounts option, this feature may not be available for your account.
1. On the Connect your email account page, enter your full email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, and the password of the email account you want to connect to Outlook.
2. Choose OK.
IMPORTANT: If you get a message that Outlook couldn't connect to the server for your other account, choose Back and make sure you entered the correct email address and password for your account. Typos are really common!
Need more detailed steps or help? See Connect email accounts in Outlook on the web (Microsoft 365).
4. Install Skype for Business
You and your team members can download and install Skype for Business on all your PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones. Then you'll be able to see the online status of your coworkers, start chats from other Office applications, and host video meetings with up to 250 people.
1. Go to https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.
2. Sign in with your work or school account.
3. Select Skype for Business and choose Install.
4. To learn more, see Install Skype for Business.
5. Set up mobile
Install Office on your mobile device, and set up Outlook to work with your new Microsoft 365 mailbox. Everyone on your team will need to do this step. Each person can install the Office mobile apps on up to 5 phones and 5 tablets.
Get the steps for your device: Android | iOS | Windows Phone
6. Store files online
Microsoft 365 makes online file storage easy. To learn which storage locations are best for your business, see Where you can store files in Microsoft 365.
Everyone gets a OneDrive cloud storage location automatically when you create Microsoft 365 accounts for them. With OneDrive, you can access files across your computers, phones, and tablets.
1. Go to www.office.com/signin.
2. On the Microsoft 365 Home page, choose OneDrive.
3. Upload the files you want to store.
Get started using Office
To take a tour of Microsoft 365 and learn how to use all the Office mobile apps, see How to get started using Office.