To avoid getting a site offline error message when updating the admin section of your content
management system, we recommend setting a Page Rule to exclude the admin section of your
CMS from Cloudflare.
Please do the following on the Page Rule interface (we'll use WordPress admin section as an example):
1. Go to the Cloudflare Page Rule app.
2. Input the URL for the admin section, which is in this format: example.com/wp-admin/
3. Place a * before and after the URL, so it reads as *example.com/wp-admin/*.
4. For "Cache Level", choose "Bypass"
5. For Performance, choose "Disable Performance"
6. For security, choose "Disable Security"
7. Save the rule
It will take 3 minutes for the rule to take effect.
If you are not using Wordpress, substitute the "/wp-admin/*" piece with the appropriate admin and login
section for your CMS system.