Below will be a sample of video tutorial on "How to Setup a POP3 Account in Microsoft Outlook 2013
using NON SSL setup"
For SSL setup you may just replace the "serverhostname" and "SSL ports" based from above steps.
Step By Step Instructions
1. Launch your Microsoft Outlook 2013.
2. From Top left menu click File. From Account Information, click Add Account.
3. Check the Manual setup or additional server types.
4. Check the POP or IMAP.
5. Enter your name and full email address on User's Information section.
6. Select Account Type. Choose POP3.
7. These are the incoming and outgoing server for SSL and NON-SSL.
Incoming server : mail.domain.com
Outgoing server : mail.domain.com
(replace your OWN domain name for domain)
Incoming server : serverhostname
Outgoing server : serverhostname
(serverhostname refers to the name of the server that is hosting your email
serverhostname can be found from your web hosting control panel server information section )
8. Then assign your email address and password on the Logon Information and check to Remember password.
9. Then click on the More settings...� as below screenshot.
10. Then in Outgoing server tab, check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
11. Go to Advanced tab and change the port values based on your preference either SSL or NON-SSL.
Incoming POP : 110
Outgoing for POP : 587
Incoming POP : 995
Outgoing for POP : 465
NOTE : If you choose SSL settings,ensure to check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box.
12. Click OK button.
13. Click Finish and your email account in Microsoft Outlook 2013 is ready to use.