Below will be a sample of video tutorial on "How to Setup an IMAP Account in Microsoft Outlook 2016
using NON SSL setup. "
For SSL setup you may just replace the "Serverhostname" and "SSL ports"
Step by Step Guidance
1. Launch your Microsoft Outlook 2016.
2. From Top left menu, click on FILE > make sure that Info is selected on the left > click on Add Account.
3. Enter your full email address > Click on "Advanced options" > tick "Let me set up my account manually". Then click Connect.
4. Choose account type, select IMAP.
5. Now enter your Incoming and Outgoing servers setting in their respective text boxes.
Use the respective values depending whether you want to use SSL or NON-SSL.
Incoming mail server IMAP : mail.domain.com
Outgoing mail server SMTP : mail.domain.com
(replace your OWN domain name for domain)
Incoming mail server IMAP : serverhostname
Outgoing mail server SMTP : serverhostname
(serverhostname refers to the name of the server that is hosting your email.
serverhostname can be found from your web hosting control panel server information section )
8. Enter password for your email address then Click OK.
9. Account setup is complete. Check the checkbox if you want to setup outlook mobile on phone
then click OK.
Your email account now is ready to use.
Note: If you wish to edit the Account Setting , you may proceed with below step
1. File > Account Setting > Double click your email address > More Settings
2. Click on Outgoing server tab to check on My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
This is currently our mail server policy to allow sending from mail client.
3. Click on the Advanced tab and you can edit your port setting here. Use the values below.
Incoming IMAP: 143
Outgoing for IMAP: 587
Incoming IMAP: 993
Outgoing for IMAP: 465
NOTE: If you choose SSL settings, check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box.
4. After the edit, click OK. Then click on Next and click on Close after the Test Account Settings has been done.
6. Your email account in Microsoft Outlook 2016 is ready to use.