Agents installed on the managed machines (end-user machines) need to have access to the following ports (inbound and outbound):
- Ports 443 and 8443 are used for agent registration, data center selection, user authorization, certificate download, Web Restore and Backup management console access.
- Ports 7770-7800 are used for agent communication with Management server (backup plans creation and applying, status reports, activity logging, etc.).
- Port 44445 is used backup read-write operations.
You can additionally open 80 port for your convenience, so any http requests from browser will be redirected to https.
- Port 80 is also used for the remote update of agents.
Beside, you may issue telnet command from the server/vm/terminal to be backup to verify the connection:
#telnet backup.exabytes.my 443
#telnet backup.exabytes.my 8443
#telnet backup.exabytes.my 7780
Or you may download this tool for connection verification:
1. Download the connection verification tool (For Windows only) https://kb.acronis.com/system/files/content/2015/06/ajax/ABC_connection_verification_tool.zip
2. Unpack it.
3. Open the Command Prompt and run the tool with the following parameters:
msp_port_checker_en-US_x86.exe -u=<login> -p=<password>
where u is your Backup Account email address and p is password for the Backup Account. You will be prompted for password if you don't specify this option.
E.g.: msp_port_checker_en-US_x86.exe -firstname.lastname@example.org -p=MySecurePa$$word
4. The tool will check connection to backup cloud of your Backup Account is tied to.