Image optimization allows JPEG images to be replaced with web optimized WEBP images.
Below is how you can enable it.
1. Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
2. Go to LiteSpeed Cache > Image Optimization.
3. Click on “Send Optimization Request”.
**Note: If you see Gather Image Data instead, click on it, then Send Optimization Request will be available **
4. A notification will show how many images have been pushed to the QUIC.Cloud for conversion.
To automate the process so that new images are submitted for optimization automatically, follow below.
1. Go to the  Image Optimization Settings tab.
2. Enable both Auto Request Cron and Auto Pull Cron.
3.Finally, click Save Changes on the top right corner.
To verify that your images have been optimized, go to the Media Library.
Optimized images will be labelled as below.
If you find that WebP — is labelled on the image, it means it is compressed but is not converted to its WebP counterpart. For this, follow the below guide to resolve.
1. Check that Create WebP Versions and Image WebP Replacement is being enabled under the Image Optimization Settings tab.
2. Go back to the Image Optimization Summary tab and click on Use Original Files under Optimization Tools.
3. Then, Destroy All Optimization Data.
4. Then, click on Gather Image Data.
5. Finally, click Send Optimization Request again.